Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Pre CNY

Tomorrow is CNY eve but I don't even have a tiny weeny “CNY feel”... Which explains why my room is unpacked... My study desk is so cluttered I cant see the desktop anymore... My wardrobe is still in a mess...


And I only have half a day left to transform my room from messy to speak and span... Actually come to think of it I dun think its really necessary to pack my room also... Last year I have to packed because net was coming to my house to bai nian for the first time... And that was the first time he will see my room also... So this year no need to pack my room already cos he already know how my room is in its usual state... Hahaha...


And I have not got any CNY clothes yet as well... I don't intend to get any but seems that mummy has been nagging me to go buy some new clothes everyday... I told her for what?? Not that we are superstitious and in the past when I didn't buy CNY clothes, she never nagged at me... So I asked her why she is so insistent that I get new clothes this year and she said: wear new clothes more refreshing mah... Don't wear old clothes go people’s house to bai nian... And I retorted that but I wont be going anywhere to bai nian this year mah... And she replied: u will go net’s place to bai nian mah... Dun wear old clothes there... Not nice... And then I know she is afraid I will go bai nian to my FIL in slpppy old clothes... I think mummy is worried that I wont be a good “daughter in law”.


The other day o was telling her that I was thinking to get something for net’s father and family, but dunno what to get... Yesterday, she called me out of the blue, and said she’s at NTUC and she saw this gift set, a can of abalone and a can of sharksfin and asked me if I want to get it for net’s family... I asked her how much it costs and she told me its about $55... So I told her that I saw a gift package at shell, consisting of 1 can of abalone, 1 can of topshell and 1 can of buddha jump over the wall that is about $52... I asked her if she see any gift set like that in NTUC (thinking that NTUC will be cheaper than 7-11) and she said yes, and that costs $40+... I thought the latter was a good deal cos its cheaper and we get more things so I told her to get the 3 can set for me and she insisted that I get the abalone + sharkfin set cos its looks more presentable... The items are “better”... I reasoned with her that buddha jump over the wall also very presentable mah and she said: don't be a cheapo. Im getting the abalone + sharkfin for you. and then she hang up...


Tomorrow I will be having my reunion dinner at 2 homes... 1st with net’s family, then with my own... First time in my life I have to pao tai from one home to another for reunion dinner... But I guess I have to get used to it... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really enjoy e way you speak a piece of your life...

And I like your mum very much...