Thursday, February 02, 2006

post CNY

Hey peeps, how's your CNY?


After 4 days of excessive eating, gambling and fun, its back to work, back to reality.


CNY eve, I spend the entire day packing my room. Yes, my room only (wardrobe not included)!! But then ever since my sis moved out, I invaded her room and so technically speaking, I have 1.5 (the other half belongs to grandma) rooms. And from early afternoon I began packing and packing and packing, which never seems to end.


There seems to be never ending of stuffs to throw. My old lecture notes, old magazines, old cosmetics, nail polish, letters, bills, files, bags... Etc etc


But the fun thing about spring cleaning is that u always tend to find something amusing. Like that photo that u took when a decade ago, the picture of the crush u had or the love letters u wrote or received when u were still schooling.


Its always funny when u read back and realise how kuku your hairstyle was, how no orbit your dress sense was or how childish u were.


By the time I finished clearing my room, it was almost time for reunion dinner. Now my room is very neat. Carol can vouch for that. :p



On chu yi morning, I woke up to catch the repeat of the CNY eve countdown program on channel 8. I know you must be cringing your face thinking what a loser I am and I can assure you I am not. The only reason I watch that show is to catch the fengshui master predicting the luck of the 12 Chinese zodiac. Or more precisely, predicting the luck for those born under the year of the monkey (cos im a monkey mah :) )


General luck for monkey this year: bad

The shi fu says that this year people born in the year of monkey will be easily swayed by hear say, which will cause them to deviate from the right track. Couples might quarrels because of this as well. Hence, do not easily believe or be swayed by what others say.

Our gui ren (the person who will bring u luck) are people born in the year of snake. Momo n sis are snakes. Good. :D I shall stick to them like super glue.


I read on I zhou kan (I mag) this year is a year of hard work for the monkeys. U will need to work very hard but u will not see results. But if u continue to work hard, u will see the fruits of your hard work next year.


To put it simply, summary of what the TV and the magazine says:

Believe in yourself and strive for what you want. They might be a lot of downfalls or a lot of people discouraging you, but NEVER GIVE UP!! If you persevere, you will enjoy sweet success next year.


Yeah, all monkeys out there, JIA YOU JIA YOU!! And try to stick to all the snake people. If you don’t know anybody born in the year of snake, you can hang out more with my sis but I don’t know if she charges... :p



***
This is not an advert. Im just helping a friend do some promotion....


The most long awaited day in February for love birds is here. Yap, 14th Feb, St Valentines’ day.


Guys, have you found the perfect gift for your gf?

If not, u can log on to http://www.mjv.com.sg and get your gf the perfect gift. Hurry log on now!! :)

i'll be celeberating mine alone though :)
***

4 comments:

Clatzz said...

link amended le...

Anonymous said...

Thanks you very much yuan qing jie..~~~~ dun wanna celebrate alone? can help us with valentine's day delivery de... hehe.. :P

Clatzz said...

wah lau u make m sound so old... urm i think u older than me hor...

Anonymous said...

hehe ... paiseh paiseh.. sorry yuanqing mei mei... can? hehe... next time treat u eat dinner... :P