Wednesday, July 11, 2007

make a difference

I used to think that I am just another girl living on planet earth. I will just spend my life studying, working, most probably get married, have kids, fall sick and die. I never thought that I can make any difference to anyone except probably my parents. With me or without me, there is no difference. Maybe just one less person on earth vying for fresh air with all the rest.


That was about 1.5 years ago.


Then I found what I want to do in life, and found what gives me happiness. I realised that we do not need to do something really great (like donating millions to charities like warren buffet) in order to make a difference to others life. Every small action we take, counts. Like im a vegetarian and I know how meat is not so good for our bodies. I do not need to my friends to become a vegetarian like me, but I share with them what I know and they take lesser meat or least every time they eat with me they eat vegetarian with me as well. With this, its better for their health and also I saved some animals! In this 1.5 years that I have turned vegetarian, I have probably saved god knows how many chickens!! :)


But what happened during last sat during SNC really hit me. Net’s sis came and hug me and she told me: thank you for changing my brother’s life. Without you, he wouldn't have changed and our family wouldn't have changed. And I was really really very very touched and very very happy (of course, during SNC there were other happenings and people that touched me. Those at SNC with me you know who you are).


I didn't do anything much. I brought net to have his iris scan to understand more about his health, he took better care of his health and bought his sister for the iris scan, and she too began to be more aware of her health. Through me, net got to know Dreams Inc and attended SCS, where he found his goals and dreams and in the pay it forward movement, he got his sister to attend SCS and now they are both moving towards their ideal life and their family bonding got closer as well. :)


Im not trying to make myself sound very 伟大, I just wanna say don't belittle ourselves, don't think that we cannot make a difference. We can. By just changing Net’s life, I have helped change his whole family. Its like a rippling effect, it spreads out. So don't think that there is nothing you can do to make this world a better place. Just give help and love to the people around and you are already making a difference, no matter how minute or insignificant the actions may seems now. :)


And this is exactly what I call Pay It Forward. We all just need to Pay It Forward, and really, together, we can make the world a better place to live in.

1 comment:

<*ANGEL*> said...

can you ask LZ to give me beofre after photo.. I want to put on my blog.. can??:P