Tuesday, January 24, 2006

computer kee chia

literally translated, the tittle meant: computer go up the car...


Shite. I think my home pc going to kee chia soon. :(


Few days ago, I noticed that when I leave my com on for a long while, it will shut down by itself. Initially I thought that mum off my com for me while im away. So I confronted her and she said she didn’t. In fact. She didn’t even know how to off a computer, and lead on to nagged that I never teach her to use the com. Opps.


Then I thought that sis set an auto off timing for me cause recently mum has been complaining that I always leave the com on for the whole day and the electrical bills are getting higher.


But today, sis was at our place using our computer and she complained that my computer kept auto shut down. I told her I thought she was the one who did the settings and she said she did not.


Now this is bad news. Very bad news. Sis did a virus scan and seems that my com is infected with 2 dunno simi lan sai virus. And the anti virus software cant delete the viruses away!! WTF are anti virus for. Urrggghhh.


Sis told me to be prepared for the worst. The first thought that came to my mind was: what are the files I need to back up and how do I back up??


Uurrrggghhh... I hate it when my computer gives me problems cause im an absolute computer idiot. Should I repair the com? Should I get my hands on the latest anti virus? Should I change a new com?


I hope my com dun die on me so soon. I shall pray for a miracle and its speedy recovery.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ur window XP is cheong version or original?
if original,go do a windows update.
open browser-->tools-->windows update...if is cheong 1 hor..then dun do hor..later kena caught..
U might have kena the nabei lsass.exe tat strike on 6 Jan..knn.make me so bz..haha
u using symentec antivirus?this software doesn't clean virus only tell u got virus...damn best...
oopss..i so lor sor!

Clatzz said...

wah lau... wat nabeh virus is dat??!!??

Anonymous said...

it's a stupid virus tat will cause ur pc to restart automactically....

Anonymous said...

First of all. Why did your PC auto shut down? Is there a pop-up window that says something like win32 then something lsass.exe and there is a clock counting down from 1 minute?

If yes then you have been infected by the Sasser Worm aka Win32 lsass.exe. To resolve this procee to the bottom.

If there is nothing unusual that made the computer shut down, it might be caused by other problems. If you want I can go and check for you.

Your Norton Anti-Virus might have downloaded the latest virus definition.

> Go to Start
> Go to All Programs
> Go to Norton AntiVirus
> Select LiveUpdate

A window will pop-up. Ignore all the rubbish.

> Click on "Next"
> After that it will run some scan.
> It will show a screen. Ignore the rubbish and click "Next"
> It will run another scan and install the latest definitions.
> After everything is done, click "Finish".
> It will close itself and a small pop-up will come up. Prompting you to restart your computer.
> After restarting your computer. Use Norton to run a Full System Scan.

By right if you have any virus or worm it will be detected.

If problems still persist. I can upgrade your Norton to 2006 for you.

Anonymous said...

Hi ya...



I just wanted to drop you a short note to tell that you are still able to backup after doing a 'Fresh' Windows installation.

The key action is not to FORMAT, else I will follow up with you to see is you have made a decision.



---
Power's Friend,
Anonymous