Wednesday, January 04, 2006

house under renovation

My house is under renovation at the moment. Actually the renovation works started way back in December last year and as expected, my whole house is in a mess. I usually have a high tolerance for messiness but even I am getting unbearable with the mess.

I mean how to tolerate when:

The washing machine ends up in your room.
The sofa ends up in your room.
Everybody crammed up in your room early in the morning (despite the fact that its a public holiday and you’re sleeping) because the sofa is there
You cant find your things (probably bundled up somewhere and kept away to avoid the dust)
No TV (cause the sofa was shifted in front of the TV)
Even after the sofa was shifted away, the TV went dead!!
No lights (my room lights died on me and mum refused to change the bulb cause she say we are going to change the lights anyway)
No water heater (the heater is not wired up yet)
Dirt and dust everywhere


And to make matters worst, the colour that I chose to pain our wall doesn’t look one bit like the sample on the catalogue and mum complained that the colour I chose very dark. I ask her to tell the contractor that we want to change colour and she say that its not very nice to keep changing colours, the contractor already bought the paints. Even dad said the same things, that I shouldn’t be so troublesome and should just stick to the colours I chose.

Sigh, the only consolation I have is that all the renovation works is ending soon. I just need to persevere one more week and I will have a beautiful house with a beautiful room.

I thought I should pen all these down cause this might most probably be the first and last time im going to live in a house while its under going renovation.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the colour will look dark at 1st...but will fade abit when the paint is fully dry..btw..wat colour u choose?

Clatzz said...

barley white became yellow...
grey became brown...

:(

Anonymous said...

wah....the colour look very salah leh..how can grey become brown sial?
Actually can ask the contractor to change colour 1.they paint very fast 1...since not satified with colour aiyah...poor thing...have to look at the ugly colours everyday....

Clatzz said...

aft some time the colour looks ok lah... dun wanna change colour anymore else my mum starts nagging again say i troublsome lah, blah blah blah...

if i want nxt time then i change the colour myself