Monday, April 03, 2006

my yummy nippon curry

last sat, i decided to show off my never known to poccess culinary skills. so i invited my good old sisters to my house to be my ginue pig tentalise their taste buds...


and so i woke up early in the morning at 10am, got dad to buy all ingredients ready and started to whip up a fest. okie, i admit i bought the curry paste from the supermart but still it takes alot of hard work to prepare the ingredients leh. and because i know that there are no meat in my curry, i have to prepare more vegetables in my curry so that my sisters will be full. lets see what ingredients i added. there are potatoes, ladies fingers, egg plants, lettuce, tomatoes, carrots and peas. i have to cut each and every of these vegetables to size, which is not as simple as it seems too cause have to be careful not to cut the vegetables into too small or too big pieces.


mum cooked fried rice and dad cooked peanut soup.



so 1st, i washed and cut all the veges.
2nd, i hot the 4 tablespoons oil n onion in the pot n fry till onions turn golder br0wn.
3rd, i added all the veges in and stir fry them evenly
4th, 1 added water
5th, i lower the heat, close the pot lid and let the water boil
6th, after the water boils, lower heat and add S&B curry paste and stir till curry paste is mixed evenly
7th, close pot lid for 10 mins and off the fire
8th, wait for the invited people to come


alright, u might say that its easy to cook since i bought the ready made curry paste. but u have to know in my 25 years of living, other than my home econs class, cooking to me means cooking instant noodles, adding an egg, some chye sim n sea weed. so its not too bad le lah. probably next time i'll whip out something that requires more skills... :p


and the most tedious is actually step 8. i invited all of them to come at 1pm, and my 1 pm, only max and my sis arrived. by 2.30, did all the guests arrive. haiz... ;)


anyway, though i never taste the curry, the people present all say the curry tasted very nice after i told them im not going to open the door for them to leave till they say its nice!! :D



if u dun believe my curry is nice, here's proof...


smells nice....



all eating happily... proof that my curry is nice...



the nana sisters


all happy n smiley aft my curry... and nope, we didnt agree to wear red and pink before hand... its telepathy, i guess... ;)


well, i certainly had fun. i hope u people enjoy yourselves too!! forgive me if i didnt play a good host.

3 comments:

Clatzz said...

cos u all come so late... so the pple who reach first eat 2-3 rounds liao...

Anonymous said...

neber invite me..i gonna cry liaoz. *sob sob*

Clatzz said...

then u blame eq for making u come LATE lor... haha.. i oso neber eat so i dunno hw much left...

nxt time ask my momo cook for u again lah... vegetarian fried rice nice right

ming >> this time i testing only so dare nt invite too many pple.. nxt time sure call u... ;)