Monday, April 17, 2006

health...

Was watching the charity show on TV last night. I didn’t really watched through the whole show, but rather parts of it here and there. In these charity shows they always have clips of stories of the real life patients and their family. I caught a few such clips myself and every time I see such clips, I always tell myself that I must keep myself healthy and I must keep mum, dad, ah ma n popo healthy. Because when one member of the family falls sick, it does not only concern one party alone. It concerns the whole family. And its very taxing and tiring on everybody in the household.


A lot of times we always think ourselves as very healthy but truth is, we will never know (cause in this day and age, due to our lifestyle, our diet, work stress and pollution, its difficult to maintain healthy unless u lock yourself 24/7 a day in a room with pure oxygen supply and only eat fresh organic vegetables... haha). Till the day your body gives u symptoms to show that a certain part of it is failing, usually, it is already too late as more likely, it has already morphed into an illness like cancer.


And its true!! I always thought I am very healthy. I dun like meat since young hence I am have been taking more veg than meat since young. I was never over weight, I dun smoke and I have been exercising regularly. By this context I should be very healthy right? Well, I thought so too till I started my detox program. About 1 week after I started the program, my whole abdominal area broke out into small red rashes. Its really a scary sight. Small little red dots all the way to my ribs. Later I found out that rashes are a sign that the liver is detoxing. And I was like : my goodness!! There are so many rashes which means there must be a lot of toxic in my poor liver. And im only 26!! Can you imagine if I don’t do the detox program, in 20 – 30 years time my liver might be damaged till it cant function properly anymore?? I mean who knows. Right?


hence this is the reason why me and sis are always stressing to mum. Dad, grandma and popo to take care of their health. We don’t mind spending more money investing on their health now rather than (**touchwood**) anything happens and we have to spend more on medical fees right? And medical fees in Singapore is not cheap, can easily shoot up to 5 figures. Might as well spend this money bring them go tour right?


Fortunately for us, I think our massage got through mum and dad. They are now religiously taking the health pdts that me, sis and ace are taking. Dad’s high blood pressure has since dropped from 150/95 to 120/80, which means he has no more high blood pressure now! :D mum is 53 today (HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MUMMY!! I will save this for another post) and still has no trace of white hair. And she got more stamina when it comes to taking care of ace ok, mai siao siao.


The only regret for me and sis are that we never got to know the pdts earlier else we still might have yeye with us now. Yeye is another case of you never know how healthy you really are cause all along yeye was very strong and healthy. When he and ah ma come our place to visit us, they will walk from the interchange to our place. He always walks from place to place. We never suspected that there will be anything wrong with his health. Till one fine day, he complained that his throat was not feeling well. Initially he thought that some food got stuck in his windpipe he didn’t pay too much attention to it till he got more uncomfortable and more weak as days passed.


Aunt took him for check ups, scans, tests, but the doctors say there is nothing wrong with his throat. Day by day we watched yeye grew weaker and weaker but there is nothing we can do. Till the day the doctors diagnosed that he was suffering from liver cancer, it was already too late for any treatment. Months after the diagnosed was out, yeye passed away. All these, from the day he started feeling unwell till he passed away, happened only in a short span of about one year. Till now, yeye is still the closest person to me that has left me.


Sis ever shared to me that her one regret was not knowing abt the pdts earlier else we could have save yeye and I agreed with her. If I were to have one regret in my life, this would be it. Hence, we make sure that we will not lose another loved one this way. We understand that all human beings has to go sooner or later but not through illness or sickness cause it brings immense pain to the both the patient and the family members. If I were to go one day, I want to go peacefully in my sleep so that my family members will not go through the agony of watching me wither away.


Alright I realised that the mood is too sombre...


On a lighter and happier note...

YT told me she lost 4 KGs!! We met weeks ago while im doing my detoxing. She saw me, and said she wanna detox too. And till now, 2 weeks later, she said she has lost 4kgs and is looking forward to shedding more!!

Carol also lost 2 kgs in about 4 days!! Met her last sat and she was wearing this jeans that I never seen before. So I asked her if its a new pair and she said no, its an old pair of jeans that she couldn’t wear in the past. :) I feel soooo happy for them. I dunno why but maybe cause I have achieved my ideal weight le so now when the people around me are inching towards their ideal weight, I feel a sense of joy for them. Cause I’ve been there, done that and I know the joy. And its not only the joy of losing but the confidence, esteem and overall feel good about yourself that comes together with the weight lost. But this is definitely the beginning!!

2 comments:

Nobody said...

I also need to detox.... especially, I am a party animal!

Clatzz said...

ghOst... sure anot?? u wanna detox??

but for party animals who has been drinking, i strongly recommend u to do some detoxing cos alcohol is very bad for the liver..

email me if u really interested ba ;)