Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Dong Kee Liam Gua

Yesh!! We finally finished watching winter sonata!! Yesterday sis and max decided to finish the last few episodes of the series at one shot. And I finally teared while watching winter sonata yesterday. Way way back while the winter sonata craze is in singapore, I heard so much review from frens that the show is very touching, they used up a lot of tissues watching the show. But throughout the show, I didn't find any scenes so touching that can make me cry. There are only scenes that made me so dulan that I swear. :p


Till yesterday... I just cant stop the tears from flowing down my eyes. I laughed so hard I cried. Haha.


We were watching the last few episodes and at some point, max got so frustrated he started spewing in hokkien (see, I am not the only one who got dulan watching the show). And so I said: u trying to do translation in hokkien ah??


And so me and sis tried to translate their conversations in hokkien but failed. So max took over and it was sooooo funny sis and I laughed till our stomachs ache and we were both tearing. Super funny, I tell you. Especially with all our bua tang zhui (half bucket full) hokkien standards. Especially funny were the translation of the names:


You zhen’s dad, Xian Xiu ~ Max didn't know how to translate Xian Xiu and sis said is Kiam Siew. I heard wrongly and I thought she said its Kiam Siap (hokkien for selfish).

Jun Xiang, 俊祥 ~ yandao Xiang

You Zhen, 有珍 ~ Wu Zhin

Xiang He, 翔赫 ~ Xiang Ho


A dialogue when Xiang He’s father was telling him the truth about Jun Xiang became like this:

俊祥不是先贤绣的儿子, 他是我的儿子!! becomes: Yandao Xiang mmh si Kiam Siap eh gia, ee si lim peh eh gia!!

既然俊祥心里还有有真, 有真心里也还有俊祥, 他们因该在一起 becomes: ki ran Yandao Xiang sim lai bin wu Wu Zhin, Wu Zhin sim lai bin mah wu Yandao Xiang, ee nang eng kai zo ji pu.


I think we can start translation services in hokkien already. Max told me: imagine you translate to hokkien in SCS. I told him if I do that, I will never need to serve as translator ever again. Haha.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow lau .. damm funny loh ... lao nana

<*ANGEL*> said...

Wah lau.. really is si beh funny lor.. clari luffed until her concealer smeared and she loked as if she was crying out milk!

Perfectwound said...

Don't really think that a show that makes people cry can make you guys so happy... but the translation is really funny. Me and my sister was laughing our arse off~!!

Anonymous said...

dio lor... si beh ho chio...

next time you all need hokkien translation, can look for Max...

au ji pai ah si li nang ai hokkien eh fan yi, eh sai chuey Max...

Anonymous said...

kam siah kam siah...anyway the bloody show only worth 1 teardrop rating out of max of 5 teardrop.

i was fully expecting to kau until need towel before the show...disappointing@

Choonbee said...

That's funny. During our CNY gathering, you can display your skills.