Tuesday, October 09, 2007

achievements...

Last weekend, we were asked to write the numbers 1 to our current age (for me its 1 – 27) vertically, on a blank piece of paper. And then beside every number (age), we are supposed to write down our achievements, or anything that happened that made us happy or felt good. This was the first time I did an exercise like this and for the first 5 mins, I can only write 2-3 events. My mind was blank, I never achieve anything much in my whole life. Much less to say 1 for every year. That's tough. Even at the end of the exercise, most of my years were blank.


Seeing that how most of us had difficulty in doing the exercise, Yanni jie then told us that we are always so hard on ourselves. We feel that we will need to accomplish something very great in order for it to be considered an achievement. And we always forgotten all the good things that happened in our lives. But if we were to write all the bad things or mistakes we had in our lives every year we can write 3 pages long. Haha. How true. But in fact, every little thing that we achieved is an achievement!! (like dating 2 girls at one go... Well, that's an achievement... Not everyone can do that... keke)


And when we were sharing our achievements later, we all had a good laugh. When we start to look at things from a different angle, we realised that life is not as bitter or bad as we keep thinking it to be.


I think this is a very good exercise. Especially for me cause I used to always think Im quite a failure as in all my life, I have never excelled in anything, I did not win any medals, my school results were horrible. But after this exercise I realised that hey, im not that bad after all. So I decided to complete this exercise. And if you have the time, try it too!! You will feel different after completing. :)


1 – I can walk
2 – I can talk
3 – I always get ice cream treats from big aunty
4 – mummy’s friends all say that im cute!! They say I look like 林青霞
5 – got my first barbie doll (I can still remember its called day n night barbie)
6 – learnt how to do gongyo (the front part)
7 – I was chosen to play the lead role in my kindergarden graduation play
8 – walked home from school myself
9 – learned how to swim
10 – participated in my school’s story tell competition and got 2nd prize for 3 consecutive years (guessed who was first prize)? / was chosen to play the lead role (princess) in my school play
11 – chosen to be the narrator for my school play (im the only P5 student while the rest are all P6 students)
12 – was my form teacher’s pet (while others have to stand for forgetting to bring their books, I received no punishment)
13 – took part in SEA games opening ceremony performance / took part in chingay procession
14 – I got the most flowers on valentines day in school / My band participated in the SYF outdoor com and we got bronze / went to Sarawak with my band for performance / got into best class
of the level
15 – represented school in inter school chinese recital competition / chosen to host my school’s CNY competition / promoted to play 1st clarinet / got into best class of the level
16 – managed to get net to go after me (yes, we were together once 10 yrs ago... But this is another story by itself) / got my music badge in band / promoted to staff surgent in my band
17 – started my first tution stint / paid for my poly school fees myself / retook my o lvl english and got B3 (from D7 to B3)
18 – bought my first pager with $$ I earned and paid for the bills myself / first and last time I went to a night club (yes, those with gals and mummy one!!)
19 – finished watching jap serial G.T.O in less than 1 week / finished reading 2 comic books in a day
20 – bought my first HP / got my first FT job pay cheque / got my diploma / got full collection of Mc Donalds Hello Kitty
21 – participated in NDP / was cleared for CAT A security / got drunk on Vodka cranberry
22 – 1st time 1 bet world cup and won $$ / got involved with a violent person and I managed to tame him down
23 – did sales and managed to increase sales volume of my company / boss got a personal assistant to help me out
24 – changed job and boss offered to increase my pay by 30% to make me stay / someone committed suicide for me
25 – 2 man fought (I mean real fighting ok) over me at a pub / won free HP by nominating sis in most beautiful mum to be contest / sent my pic to a CLEO contest and got shortlisted but I didn't go for the audition
26 – attended SCS / got into Arete in my first interview / became GC 2 weeks after I decided to do the biz / someone offered to give me $500 just to kiss me / QQ attended SCS / met net again (got him to go after me again) / went Taiwan for POV
27 – getting married / received my first GIVE bonus / sponsored mummy and daddy to POV with sis / EQ attended SCS


So you see, life’s quite good and exciting after all!! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

tag me tag me ! I wana do also
haha

FF said...

woww......
that's really nice!
SOoooooooooo many happenings & achievements.

Coral Chiang said...

hee. am really so happy and glad that u're getting married to someone you love. :)

Clatzz said...

coral, thanks babe... :)