Wednesday, October 10, 2007

the story of net and clari...

Last night, net and I were discussing about our relationship 10 years ago. Yes, as many of you may have known, we dated once in 1996, when we were still donning BDS uniforms... Every time we talked about our relationship then, we’d laugh. Sometimes we think that god up there is playing a trick on us and decided to let us go one big round before we found each other again. But no matter what, we thanked god for letting us meet again. We thanked god for putting us through all the ordeals we went through in the past 10 years so that we will be ready for each other when we meet again. We thanked god for letting us meet at the right time. Had we met 1/2 a year earlier, I think non of us would be ready to commit in a relationship. :)


Most of our sec sch friends will already know our story. one of net’s friend, after hearing our story, commented that it is like a romantic korean drama serial. So I have decided to document our story down, in as much details as I can remember... (warning: this is a long long post)


**way back into 1996, in the classroom of sec 4A of BDS**

1 week after the release of the ‘O’ level results, news has been spreading that our class might have some new students. Some ex-students might be coming back to re-study their O levels in school and will be posted to our class. And true enough, about a week later, we have 2 new classmates, bert and net.


Before they joined our class, I already knew the both of them by face and name but we never really spoke. Bert was because he stayed near me and I see him on the way to school every morning. Net was because he used to be a prefect and he was quite notorious then. Keke. :)


So they were in our class for a few months and I still seldom spoke to them especially net, cos we were sitting at different ends of the class. Didn't pay take too much interest in him as well until one day after school, EQ and I were at my place....


Me : I think my life is very dull and boring. Must find some excitement.
EQ : what excitement you want?
Me : I wanna find someone to 暗恋. The trills of secretly liking someone and trying to let the pereson be attracted to you. But who should I 暗恋??


So EQ and I went through a detail screening for a list of candidates that I can 暗恋.

EQ : what about net?? He is a good choice.
Me : Hmmmmm...


And so my project 暗恋 begun...

I started to find chances to talk to him more. During physics lessons (where he is sitting behind me), I’d pretend not to understand how to do the experiment or what Mr P was teaching and turn behind to ask him. EQ also at the same time helped me fished for his information (like was he attached at that time, his phone number). Sometimes we’d call him out on the pretext of studying for our prelims together.


Over time, what started out of fun became real and I was really infatuated with him. I remember there was one day I was at EQ’s place and I was flipping through a magazine and there were some features on wedding gowns.

Me : wah, so pretty!! I wanna get married!!
EQ : to who??
Me : 我要结婚了 but 不是嫁给你!!
EQ : haha. I know to who

I actually forgotten about the above scenario till recently, when I was flipping through the style wedding magazine with net, looking for a nice gown. And I smiled to myself thinking, all these must be pre destinied. :)


And so months later of trying to get him to notice me was successful! I remembered one fine day I was telling him that I wanted to go to the interchange to buy some furry hair ribbon (that was the trend then) after school and he offered to go with me!! And so off we went after school and he even sent me home after that. Was that our first date? I think so. And from there, gradually we became a couple, or we go steady. Hahaha. We’ll meet up to study for our ‘O’ levels together, and we’ll be on the phone every night. When I went 1st mths in SRJC and he started working, he would pick me from school whenever he can.


We were together for about 7 mths. We broke off just before we entered poly. And that was when we ceased contact of each other. Occasionally i’d hear news about him from some of our common friends but that is just it. Even when we bump into each other in poly, i’d pretend I didn't see him. And when we see each other in gatherings, the most we’d say: hi and bye.


Until Seng and Yilin’s ROM. We didn't speak to each other initially. It was only during lunch, we were seated at the same table, and we started chatting and suanning each other. Then the guys planned have a part 2 celebration that night at MOS. So in MOS, under the influence of alcohol, we chatted more and laughed more and played all the silly games. He initially wanted to go off halfway to join his friends at MOMO. I persuaded him to stay and he did. :) when we finally left the club, he offered to send us home. I was the last to drop off and before he left, we exchanged numbers.

Net : im having a headache
Me : are u ok? Still can drive? You should have gone home straight.
Net : no problem. :) sms me when u are home ok?
Me : I don't have your number.
Net : its 9XXXXXXX. Remember to sms me ah.
Me : see first lah. Anyway don't worrt lah. I more worried about you.
Net : you not giving me your number?? Though I still remember your house number.
Me : don't bluff.
Net : really. Its 6XXXXXXX right?
Me : my god. Ur memory is really good!! Ok, my number is 8XXXXXXX.


And with that, I left his car and we began to sms each other frequently till one day I asked if he has msn and we started msn-ing each other.


Then we went for our first date at marina for dinner, then to vivo city for movie. during the dinner, though the place we dined wasnt a vegetarian joint and he could have ate meat, he took vegetarian with me. after we finished the food, i went to the ladies and when i went back, he told me we can go anytime. i asked him to ask for the bill first and he told me he has settled the bill (which i felt is a very gentlemanly gesture). After the movie we chatted in his car all the way till 4am. 2nd date to hougang to eat ramen. Then he had to go australia for 1 mth. While he was there we chatted on msn almost everyday. Sometimes I’d purposely stay in office to wait for him to come online. Waiting for him to log on at 5+pm is like a daily activity. Till he was back in Singapore and because he was clearing his leave, he offered to send me around to run errands. 1st time was to tampines, where I tried to get my camera repaired at best denki. But because best couldn't do it and so I had to bring my cam to panasonic building. And so on the 21st Dec, I took half a day leave to run errands and he very kindly offered to be my chauffer for the day. We went around Singapore and not once did he complain. I just told him where I want to go and when I was busy with my errands, he just waited patiently. Sometimes I just asked him to wait for me and I dissapered and not a single word from him. Seriously, I was very touched. :)


After running around singapore for half a day, we were tired and decided to go catch a movie to rest our tired legs. After movie, we had dinner and he asked me to join him with his friends at clark quey. I was in 2 minds, but eventually agreed cos he said: if you come with me, I can tell them that you need to go off early and I need to send you home and we can leave early cos if I were to stay, they will make me drink alot.


So we went to the pub together and his friends were surprised (from the look on their faces I can tell) that he brought a lady along. They were playing games and drinking. We were sitting on the sofa and cos I dun want to sit so near his friend, I sat closer to him. And he placed his arm around me, as if to tell his friend not to get too close to me. Haha. When we left at around 1am, on the way to get the car, he held my hand. And the rest, like they say, is history.... :)




The end

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew ,, sibey sweet !!!

Combodevil said...

Baby, u forgot abt how you use yr beautiful eyes to attract me during our BDS days.

So funny, every time we go round the island, its always raining. Its seem that God is touch by our sincerity and drop tears of happiness :P

FF said...

Conclusions:
1. Very Very Long story!!!
2. You falled in love with net first. Hahaha.. Don't say no...
3. Besides marriage, there is no other way. Ms, you are upgrading to Mrs now!!
4. Lovely couples!! - Wish you love each other and happy forever.

**********************************
PS: I'm also very touched. Now also trying to look backward to see whether there is a guy who i 暗恋 before...

Clatzz said...

no ah, did i use my eyes to attract u?? keke... because that time is rainy season so always rain mah... kekeke... god rained so that we have the excuse to share umbrella and u can get closer to me... keke

FF, maybe once u remembered who u secretly like befor your mr right will appear?? and not necessarily i like him first ok... maybe he already madly infectuated with me when i decided to like him... keke...

right, baby?? :p

Combodevil said...

Yah, remember..... you look across the class towards me during lessons. When i turn my head around, u quickly look to the front rite, keke :> Anyway now i know why you didn't bring umbrella liao! heehee :P

Anonymous said...

Love-story of the decade!

=Ping=