Tuesday, March 13, 2007

happyness

Finally went to watch the pursuit of happyness. It was a brilliant show. A MUST watch. I cried when chris gardner was chosen for the job. I seldom cry when watching shows but that part touched me. I can really feel his joy even when he was trying hard to suppress his tears. I was so happy for him, his hardwork and preseverance finally paid off.


Favourite quote of the movie:

Don't let anybody steal your dreams. They tell you you can’t because they themselves can’t achieve it.


After the show, net and I were discussing what we saw or learned from the show. To him, is the power of preserverance, never give up.


To me, I learned:

Whatever the mind can think of and believe, it will eventually become the truth.

The power of intent. How strong is your power of intent to succeed? What is your compelling reason to succeed? To Chris, it was his son and that's why though he worked lesser hours than his peers but he still emerged top. And it made me think, how strong is my power of intent? what is my compelling reason? what is my motivating factor? Is it strong enough, big enough?

We (myself included) all say we want happyness/success/wealth/love. But how much do we really want it? Do we all want it as badly as Chris in the movie? If the road to happyness/success/wealth/love means we have to go through a rough path like chris, how many of us will give up before we can see light? This reminds me of what Dr George has said in his Success FM CD. Having dreams are like giving birth to a child. When a mother is in labour, she will never give up halfway and say she dun wanna give birth anymore. She will endure the pain and continue pushing till the baby is born. And the more pain she feels, the more ecasty she will be cos she knows that it means that her baby is going to be born soon.

But a lot of us (me included), when we are giving birth to our dreams, we just give up half way because the labour pain is too much for us to bear. And hence, our dreams are never born, never materialized. A lot of times, we don't even dare to concieve our dreams because the people who gave up halfway told us how painful it is going to be and all and so so many of us don't even dare to dream, for the fear of pain.


I thought about what is it that I really want to pursue now. What is the one dream that by thinking of it, will make my heart pulse faster, by thinking of it will put a smile to my face and I cant wait for that day to come and as days pass, my desire for it to become a reality becomes stronger. And I have one. And this dream/goal of mine, I know I will not be striving for it alone. :)


I hereby declare that I commit to pursuit my own happyness and give birth to all my dreams. :) please go pursuit your own happyness and have the courage to give birth to your dreams as well.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jia You oh!

You have everyone and everything that is necessary to turn your Dreams into Reality! You just need to look left and right all the time and make use of your Gift of Recieving! :)

Anonymous said...

hmmm..the main lead is will smith.. his character in the show is chris gardner...so when did chris tucker come into the picture???

Clatzz said...

haha... rem the name wrongly... but at least i kno the first name is chris...

Clatzz said...

ok, corrected the names liao... :p

Anonymous said...

What does 'liao' mean?

Anonymous said...

liao is the chinese for already... :)