Thursday, March 22, 2007

the usual rantings

Many a times I asked myself: if I were to have a special power, or if I can become a mutant like X-man, what powers will I want to possess??

To be able to read people’s mind (like jean grey)?
To be able to control the weather (like storm)?
To be able to become invisible (invisible man)?
To be able to become very strong ( like incredible hulk)?
To be able to fly (like superman)?
To be able to change into the image of another person (like mystique the blue lady... Did I get the name right)?


If there is one and only one special power that you will choose, what will you choose??


For me, I will choose to have the ability to teleport, so that I dun need to waste time going from one place to another. Imagine, I can wake up at 8.30, and at 8.59, teleport to my office. Sibeh shiok!! And I can say good bye to traffic jams, no need to squeeze with rude singaporeans in the trains, no need to smell other people’s body odor or silent fart. Most importantly, I wont be late ever!! Imagine, getting from point A to point B is a breeze, and I literally meant a breeze!! How great is that?? And I can save $$ to get a lexus 430 and use that money to buy a lot a lot of other stuff. Cool!!


What about you?? What special powers will you want to have if you have a choice??

**

They always say guys bond thru drinking, Woman bond thru SHOPPING (especially during a sale). How true is that!!


Seriously, nothing builds stronger bonds when you are out there, together searching for the best offers. I usually seldom lunch with my colleagues as Im a vegetarian and there are limited places that I can go for lunch. So unless they are going there for lunch, otherwise I wouldn't join them. And so im not really on close terms with some of the newer colleagues that are in other departments that I seldom need to liases with. And how I started to know them better was through lunch time shopping. Haha. Next week we are going chill out during one of the ladies night. Haha.


So wanna have better relationship with your girlie frens? Go shopping!!

**

Just went to winsland house with my colleagues for the loreal sale. But the Q was so damn long we gave up waiting. We took a peak inside the sale room and it looked as if the things inside are free, or are on 99.99% off. Anyway, when there is a sale with more than 30% storewide and admission is free, the bulk of singaopreans will scatter down to join in the crowd. A very good example is the IT fair. During the sat of last IT fair that was held in suntec, it took me and S 20-30 mins to walk from citihall mrt station to suntec tower 2. Can you imagine how many gazillions of people there was?? Sometimes I don't understand why the IT fair attract so many people. No doubt they have very good offers at the fair, but most of the people went there without getting anything or without the intent to get anything even. And it makes me wonder why they wanna go to the fair and get squeeze with the rest of singaoore,, unless...

They like to squeeze against people’s back or chest
They think by being going to where majority of the people are at, they will be labelled as COOL
They are really interested in computer peripherals
They wanna see chio bus (notice nowadays the uniforms of the promoters for computer fairs also wear till very sexy le. In the past, only promoters for car shows don sexy uniform (short skirt, high boots and all). But nowadays the promoters at IT fair are also donning short skirts and all.)

**

I just received very very duper super sibeh good news, but im not supposed to disclose yet. But I am soooo happy!! :D

No comments: