Thursday, May 10, 2007

tight lipped

Some time ago, someone told me a news of something that is going to happen and asked me to keep it a secret. So I did.


Early this week, I was told, straight from the horses (from the 当事人) mouth about this news. And I had to pretend to be surprised, gasp in shocked and go: oh no, why? How come? Im so sad. I felt my reaction was a bit fake but apparently it was good enough not to arouse any suspicion from the当事人. But I was told not to go spread the news and keep it to myself.


Few days after I got to know the news “officially”, a Mr KayPo came to ask me: “I heard that blah blah blah is going to happen. Have you heard about it?? Did he tell you??” Wah lau, I hate situations like that. Am I supposed to say yes or no? Since I am told to keep it to myself, so I decided to act dumb and pretend to be surprised again, open my eyes wide and go: IS IT?? And Mr KayPo continued to probe: he didn't tell you? You can tell me lah cause I already knew. Wah, this Mr KayPo is good at digging info. But since I already feign ignorance, I die die have to pretend I don't know. So I counter attacked with: “I really don't know. I only guessed from their actions. So what u say is real? Why? What happened? How come?” and continued bombarding him with a series of questions till he say: im also not sure lah so better not say. I cant say till its confirmed.


Then my bus came and I quickly excused myself and fled before I am further questioned. 想从我口中套话, 没这么容易. Heh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

better act blur..cos some "IBM" pple will put words in ur mouth thou u nv say anything.
ignorance is a blissed.:P

Clatzz said...

ya lor... teh gong teh siao lor... wat i do best... hahaha... trained liao... keke :p