Friday, August 11, 2006

clatzz the cook

I realised that im not much of chef material. Wanted to cook laksa for mum, granny and max on national day but ended up mum did most of the cooking instead. Hee. She boiled the vegetable stew, fried the toufu, blended the chilli paste, cooked the thick bee hoon, mushrooms, long beans, tau gua and bean sprouts while I helped to pour the stew, pour the coconut milk and condense milk and chopped the garlic, mushrooms and long beans.


Well, not that I pushed all the job to her but I she was in the kitchen preparing ace’s lunch and she just automatically took over while I was still holding on to my recipe while deciding what to do next, what pot to use and how to even on the gas cooker. Haha.


Well, but all big chefs don’t do the cooking mah. They get their junior cooks to do the cooking and all they need to do is to supervise and make sure the food tastes good right? So yeah, I was the big chef that day. I was the one who told mum what to add next and how much of each she should add. They there you have it!! Yummy laksa. And most importantly is that ultimately mum knows how to cook laksa now so next time she can still cook for us!! :D BRILLIANT!!


According to all who tried the laksa, the laksa tasted good. Pictures of my laksa are with sis. I suspect they are still in her camera.


I guess I must really polish up my culinary skills because I realise im quite helpless in this aspect. Hiaks. But I think I should cook only when mum and dad are not around because if they are around, they will automatically take over the cooking. While I am still thinking if the pot is big enough for all the gravy, mum already had all the gravy in the pot and has proceeded to cooking the tau gua. So I think I shall fumble with the kitchen once again when they do not need to use the kitchen and just leave the whole kitchen to me. :) that said, I should also prepare them mentally that their food will most probably be ready at least 3 hrs later.


Well, I have found some simple looking recipes on the net. I think I will give my culinary skills another shot, though when I told mum about it, she told me to better not. Ah but well, if we never fail how will we succeed right??


Probably with a few more practices, I will be able to whip out a few good dishes. Who knows, I might even be able to make good, nice, café standard cheese cakes?? :p

No comments: