Tuesday, August 15, 2006

sibeh expensive man-gold

I have decided... If I were to ever go jobless, I will set up a fruit stall outside my office building.


Yesterday, I was craving for some mangoes so after work, I went to the fruit store at the basement of my office to get a piece of mango. I always know that their fruits are slightly more expensive but for the sake of convenience, I decided to get my mango relish there. How expensive can a small piece of mango get right?


But I was damn bloody wrong. I took a piece of mango and the lady behind the counter snapped: 4 dollars. I stared at her blankly. For a moment I thought I heard wrongly. I pointed to the mango I was holding and asked: how much? And she repeated: 4 dollars.


I couldn’t believe. A piece of freaking mango cost bloody 4 dollars?? Im buying mango not man-gold lor. And it is not one whole mango lor. Its like the top part of the flesh only. And its not a big piece some more. Its about the size of my palm only lor. Bloody hell. A small piece of mango like that costs me 4 stoopid bucks.


So, I paid for the mango and made sure I ate every single bit of it, not even a drop of juice left. I will eat the plastic bag if it is edible too. Haha.


I swore, I will never ever buy fruits from that store again!! Daylight robbery!! Later that night, I went geylang to buy some mangoes and mangosteen. They cost only $10 for 7 mangoes and the mangoes are very very sweet!! (tested and proven)


So If I were ever to go jobless, I will set up a small fruit stall beside that store and I will sell my fruits at half their prices. Confirm very good business. haha.



End note:
I think im on a fruits fetish recently. Bought $15 worth of fruits recently. And I am having cravings for:

Mango
Mangosteen
Peach
Dragon fruit
And any fruits that is soft, sweet and juicy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats very EX leh .. I bought one mango (cut ones) for $1.50/$2, I kao pei kao bu liaoz... wau lau ... yrs is like.. $4 ??!!!! Horrible

Clatzz said...

i will never ever get any fruits from that store again!!
ptooi!!
i rather go jason's supermarket buy the whole fruit to eat.. better and more fresh!!