Tuesday, September 12, 2006

no-commitment

I chanced upon a blog yesterday where the blogger wrote about how her no-commitment relationship with her “BF” of 13 mths came to an end. Well, I would say its a parting that leaves them not even as friends.


After reading the post I feel for the blogger. Maybe its because I am a lady myself. Maybe its because we are of almost the same age. Maybe its because I have seen too many of such cases... Anyway, I admire her for her courage. Ladies nowadays are getting stronger. :)


Talking about no-commitment relationship. My personal view on this is that it is never possible. Myself having commitment phobia, I once think that a no-commitment relationship is one of the solution to not having a bf, but yet enjoying the advantages of being in a relationship.


Think of it this way:

You do not have to report strength wherever you go, you can still go on dates with other guys, you can do whatever you want, plan your time accordingly to yourself without thinking or considering about the schedule of the other half, you can choose to get out as and when you wish. And yet when you need a shoulder to cry on, a listening ear, someone to hug or hold, someone to shelter you from the storm or some TLC there is someone there too.


Yeah, I know these are my wishful thinking. In reality, it never exists.


You are either in a relationship or you are not. There is no in betweens. And its always the ladies on the losing end because ladies are supposed to be the more emotional animals. How can be you holding this person and not feel anything for him (I know guys have the ability to do so but not the ladies)? Eventually, you will want to have him all by yourself and then you realise you cant. And you cannot blame him and there is nothing you can do about it because you yourself agreed it to be no commitment. And the relationship usually ends with one party quietly suffering (usually the gal lah) or both parties turn sour.


I have seen too many cases where the ladies thought they are cool with the idea, their emotions will be unwaivered but at the end of the day, they start to feel for the guy and all. And the guy walks away unaffected. Probably the guys do get affected too but I have never hear a guy’s side of story before. Any guys care to share?? :p


So the best is to not play with fire. Don’t even attempt to step into a no commitment relationship. You might start off cool, thinking you are game for it but when it comes to affairs of the heart, there is no logical sense. You cant use your brain to rule or control your emotions. So its not worth it. Even if you are really able to with held your emotions, what do you gain at the end of the day? Nothing!! So its still not worth it. If you are bored of single hood, then get yourself a good bf. If not, enjoy being single and have the time of your life!! :D


Well, the above is plainly my personal humble point of view.

**

On another entirely different note, met up with a poly classmate for lunch yesterday and we were talking about a common friend.

classmate: so does she has a bf now?
me: nope. She is single and available now.
classmate: I think she is the type who will probably marry late or maybe not marry at all because she will want to enjoy life first before settling down. Just like you lah.
me: wah lau... Your arrow go one big round to shoot me lor.
classmate: sorry sorry... I say enjoy life mah. Where got shoot you??
me: grrrrrrr


then i was on msn with another fren and i was asking her, between me and our other single friend, who she thinks get attached first. and she said our other friend. when i asked her why, she say base on feeling. :(


looks like im going to be left on the shelve... sobs sobs... :p

**

On yet another different note, anybody has any recommendations where to get good and nice and tasty moon cakes??
I need to get some as gifts... gam siahs!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

soooooooooooooooo sad ! Im just yr F R I E N D

Clatzz said...

lao nana...
because i dun wanna let the other single fren kno that we refering to her...

wait she hao lian to me... wahahaha...

Choonbee said...

usu there's a mooncake fest. at Ngee Ann where you get to try a wide varieties. Shld be up in a few weeks' time. So you can choose to buy those you think taste good cos everyone's has different taste. For gifts, I think both PACKAGING and taste are equally important.

Clatzz said...

thanks thanks... do u kno when the fest will be held?? i oso think packaging n taste r equally impt...

i ever went to those moon cake fest before... in the end i tasted so much i think all tasted almost the same to me...

and im not much of a moon cake lover actually... i prefer the piglets to moon cakes... hee...

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA