Thursday, September 28, 2006

starlight cinema

Went to perm my hair ystd. Yap, after years of keeping my hair long and straight, its finally long enough to perm. :D


I had wanted to do big kick ass curls but the stylist says that my hair texture is too fine to hold big curls. Sobs. Anyway, the whole process of perming lasted a good 5 hrs. thank god sis was with me (yep, we permed our hair together yesterday :D) and we can gossip and yak. I fell asleep a couple of times as well and sis was exclaiming: wah, like that also can sleep ah.... With all the curlers on my hair and the steam coming out from the steamers...


The minute my stylist removed the curlers, and I saw my newly permed hair, I said: I miss my straight long hair. Haha. I guess Im not used to seeing myself with curls yet. I’ve had straight hair all my life. Only difference is whether its long or short. The stylist laughed. But after styling and blowing, I begin to think I look quite good with curls. :)


Now I think I look damn good with curls. Kawaii!! Haha. The people who has seen me in my new hair do says I look pretty as well. **beams** And cant stop twirling my hair with my finger. Keke. My stylist says I need to take care of my perm else it will straighten very soon because my hair was bleached and curls don’t work well on bleached hair. Anywayz, my hair is not done yet. Am going back this Sunday to do colour and treatment.


After we were done with our hair, we headed down to padang to catch the starlight cinema. Sis won the tics from a contest and max couldn’t make it, so I tan dio lo... :p the pass says that we have to reach and be seated by 7.30. The movie will start screening at 8. By the time we were done with our hair, it was already 7. No time to eat but my stomach is growling. So we hurriedly went to the supermart, grab some snacks and made our way to citihall.


We reached padang at about 7.45. Big mistake. We should have went to take our dinner or buy something more filling to our stomachs than just a pack of nachos and a choco chips n nuts biscuits. We waited and waited and waited and waited and finished our nachos, and finished our biscuits but the event has not started yet. They finally played some commercials at 8 and only at 8.30, did the show started screening. By that time I was quite hungry already. :s went to the “food village” where they have a “wide variety of food” (as the organizers put it) to scout for food and sadly, their wide variety only includes:

Hotdog
Chicken burger
Beef burger
Tuna sandwich
Chicken teriyaki sandwich
Chicken wings
Pop corns
Nachos
Beer


Seriously the variety was so huge that I had a hard time deciding what I should eat... Nachos or pop corns (since these are the only things sis and I can eat) and finally decided on neither one.


We watched America Dreamz, starring Hugh Grant, Mandy Moore... Hugh Grant is so charismatic. I like charismatic man and I realise that the thing that makes a man charming and charismatic, other than their wit, is their eyes. Eyes that can sparkle and talk, and top them off with a killer smile. Awwwwww... It was a nice show. I enjoyed the movie. The best movie I’ve watched lately. :)


Ive been to one starlight cinema at fort canning years ago with my nana sisters. I actually prefer fort canning to padang. Padang is too bright. There are too many illuminated buildings with bright lights around. The atmosphere and ambience at fort canning is better. And the last time I went, before the movie starts screening, they have some local bands performing and also Kumar to do a talk show. So the waiting was not so boring. But yesterday there was no entertainment at all during the waiting time. We just have to keep ourselves entertained.


But overall its not too bad. It would be better if we brought more food and also a mat along. But the weather was good. Not too warm. The sky looks like it was going to rain initially but thank god it didn’t. But one thing though, the sky is hazy and we can smell smoke in the air. I think somewhere some part of indo is burning again.

No comments: