Friday, September 01, 2006

office weirdo...

I think every office or work place will have some weirdos... These people are generally harmless, but can be irritating at times but most of the time can be a source of entertainment. :)


Here are some of the anecdotes of my office weirdo (O.W) :)
Was busy preparing some documents when OW walked over to my desk and just stood in front of my desk and stared blankly into space. As I was rushing to finish my stuff so that I can knock off early I pretended to be oblivious of his presence and continued typing. And he just stood there, motionless, and continue staring. Till about 3 mins later, I can no longer stand it I looked at him and asked him what he wants then he asked me to help him search for some contracts.


Kuku right. Want to ask me something just ask lah. Why need to stand in front of my desk like a momo.

**

Went for lunch with OW and he asked me if I wanted any fruits after my meal. Despite me telling him no, he still proceeded to buy a plate of fruits (sweet of him). So out of courtesy, I took some fruits and I told him that I usually don’t take fruits after meals. He asked me why so I explained to him that it is because if you take fruits after your meal, your stomach will digest your main meal first. And usually it takes 4-5 hrs to digest the food. So when the stomach has finished digesting the food, the fruits you ate has already decomposed (due to the high temperature in our body) and all the nutrients will be gone. He told me this is the first time he heard this theory so I said, well I read it somewhere. Next time you can try to take your fruits about 30 mins before your meal time instead.


And he kept harping that he never heard of this theory before. So I just smiled. On the way back to office, he still is harping on the same topic!! And he still ask me: if we shouldn’t take fruits after meal, why is it that buffet have fruits? Everybody also take fruits last mah. Why is it that when we go for dinner the restaurants also serve fruits last??

Wah lau eh. I'm just telling him what I know. Whether he wanna take his fruits before his meal, after his meal, when he shitting or whatever is not my business lo. Bey tahan!!

**

Yesterday OW walked over to my desk again and bent down and whispered: can you lend me your scissors??


Urm wanna borrow scissors just say lah. Dun need to be so secretive. And the funny thing is among all the colleagues in our room, I am sitting the furthest away from him lo. Why doesn’t he just turn around and borrow from the guy sitting behind him??


Don’t understand how these people’s mind function sometimes... But then again if I dun wish to understand as well, least I become one of them... Hur hur hur...

No comments: