Monday, April 16, 2007

2nd interview

Concerned people has been asking me about my 2nd interview. I’ll just summarised it into 3 words: WASTING MY TIME!!


Well, I wouldn't even call it an interview. When I reached there, the Ops guy came and we chatted a bit. He asked me some questions, and then spend a good 30-40 mins pre framing me, telling me about:

-The company history

-His history with the company, how when he joined he didn't have any experience and his salary range and how now after 3 years, his salary is doubled, blah blah blah

-That they are considering me and another candidate which has more experience than me.

-What the HR might offer me.


Then the HR guy came and passed me a draft LOA (eh I thought they are still considering??). I briefly glanced through the LOA and my face changed to tell them this kind of offer u also dare to make and u think will accept??

- They are offering me a pay lower than my current drawing but upon confirmation (3-6 mths), they will give me an increment, which after the increment, I will draw 12.9% of what im currently drawing.

- Need to work alternate sat

- Only 12 days annual leave

- The salary is subjected to a Adjustable Variable Component (AVC) of 10%. I asked the HR what it meant and he told me that it means that in times that the economy is bad, the company has the right to lower the employee’s salary by 10%. Seriously that was the first time I heard of such a clause and I told the HR guy: so in times of bad economy the company has the rights to deduct 10% pay. Then in times of good economy? Does the company increase our pay by 10%? And when he was busy explaining that have to depends on your performance lah blah blah, I cut him short saying: I understand, im just joking cos this is the FIRST time I saw this clause.


Then they spend another good 30 mins trying to sell their company, and convincing me why I should join their company, the growing potential of the company, they might offer me something not to my expectations but I can climb and prove myself and then I can also demand for higher salary, blah blah blah.


Frankly, I wanted to tell the OPS guy that he used 3 years to double his salary is super long lor. I have a faster, easier and better way of earning money. And I don't need to spend 3 years to get the difference that he is getting.


What a waste of my time. If they wanna offer me a position they can jolly well just call me and make the offer right? If I knew that they will offer such terms, I wouldn't waste my time going down, and as a result missed the front part of yanni jie’s grouping. TMD!!


But they are both nice people though, just that I think the company has its limitations. One fine day, im going to ask the Ops guy if he is interested to Be a boss instead of just the middle management and double his income within 3 mths and not 3 years!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha..waste ur precious time lah..lousy offer...somemore ulu place..set ur goal @ suntec area lah...kekeke...

<*ANGEL*> said...

haha..ya.. pls do remember to prospect him.. muahahaha.. and CHANGE HIS LIFE.. haha..

Clatzz said...

yeah!!