Friday, July 21, 2006

gratitude

The past 2 days was session with Dr George was simply touching yet dynamic. ~ 做一切为了爱。 用爱心做事业, 用感恩的心做人。


When was the last time you truly thanked someone who has helped you or impacted you in your life? Look no further, lets just look at our parents. How many of us ever thanked them or told them we love them before? They worked hard to bring us up. What have we done for them in return?


Our parents always put us above themselves. what about us? I used to think contributing about a quarter of my earnings to the household is quite a lot already. I thought I have already contributed a lot because I do know a lot of people who do not contribute money to the household. So under comparison I thought I have done quite a lot. But compared to what mum and dad did for me, the mere amount I gave them monthly is NOTHING!


Mum really went through a lot of hardships to bring sis and I to where we are today. She put us above herself so that we can have the best of what she can afford. Dad wakes up early in the morning everyday to prepare fruit juice for us. On days we are not working, he will prepare lunch for us. When we are hungry, he will cook for us. When we are heaty, he will cook cooling tea for us.


The last time I told mum I loved her was early this year. Actually that was the first and the last time I ever told her so. I just hugged her and thanked her and told her I love her and im sorry for all the heartaches I caused her. And it felt so good doing so. And from mum’s face, I knew she was very happy although she just mumbled : silly girl. I thought mum looked like she was going to cry too.


So take some time to slow down your pace. Are there people who have touched you or helped you in your life one way or another and you have yet to thanked them?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found your latest blog very touching; it resonated with my own feelings towards my parents. I'm aware that it's not customary for Chinese families to show each other the sort of affection that's common in many western cultures, but I'm absolutely certain that your mother appreciated the gesture. Love is expressed in so many different little ways - your father's habit of making you all fruit juice is a great example of that - and it sounds as if your parents have given you all of their support, affection and wisdom over the course of your life. Have a lovely day, and keep on giving those occasional hugs!

Clatzz said...

Sholto, thanks... let us never forget to thanked the loved ones ard us n let them know we love them too :)