Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Italy, GAMBATE

ITALY WON!! ITALY was good. DEL PIERO was good. GROSSO was good. BUFFON was good. DAMN GOOD. I really admire his skills.


Now I am SERIOUSLY contemplating whether I should take leave on Monday so I can watch the Finals. Hmmm...


Me and sis stayed up to watch the match last night. And as expected, sis fell asleep by half time. Actually I expected her to fall asleep 15 mins after the game. So she can still survive till half time is considered very good le.


Anyway, while watching the game, we were making fun of the player’s names.... You know why Germany didn’t win?? Just look at the names of their players...

Miroslav Klose (close... That’s why all the goals were close but never went into the goal)

Michael Ballack (bo luck or ball lack... In soccer, no ball, no luck how to win??)

Jens Lehmann (lame man)


And the Italy player’s names remind me of food. Maybe cause I was hungry when I was watching the match...

Fabio Cannavaro
sis: I tot his name was cassanova
Me: no, I tot it was carbonara. Maybe the first thing his mum ate after giving birth to him is carbonara pasta... Or his mum conceived him after having carbonara with his dad. That’s why they named him after the food)

Marco Materazzi (macaroni)

M. Camoranesi (calamansi)


Anyway, I wondered who are the people responsible for the design the team jerseys. Is it the sponsors? Or the football club? Or they have professional designers to do the design for them?


Out of all the teams, I like Italy’s and Holland’s jersey best. I like Italy’s blue colour and I think the gold text stands out from the dark blue. I like Holland’s jersey simply because its bright orange, orange is a happy colour, and most importantly orange is sys 1 colour. :)


The only one thing I dun like about the Italy jersey is the two patches of darker blue at the sides of the arms. It makes them look like all have sweaty armpits. I remember when I watched the Italy vs USA game, I was thinking to myself : wahseh the weather must be damn hot there cause all they players were all sweating at their armpits!! Its only when I realise how come everybody has the same big patch of sweat, then I realised its not their sweat. Haha.



see the darker shade of blue at the sleeves and armpit area?? totti with sweaty armpits. haha :p

**

ITALY GAMBATE!! YOU ARE THE BEST! YOU ARE THE GREATEST! U WILL WIN THE CUP!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

jerseys are designed by sponsors and selected by the teams...