Friday, October 27, 2006

how to make the cab drive drive faster

Last night, I took a cab home from suntec. It was past mid night and the fare was only $10.50. Previous nights when I took cab home from Suntec, also past midnight, the fare is always around $13. So why was yesterday’s cab fare specially low?? Because the driver was driving unusually fast. And why was that so?? Because I was practising my translation. :)


Once I settled in the cab, I took out my player and began to listen to my tapes to practise my translation. I tried practising as soft as I could but I guess the taxi uncle’s ears were too sharp. I saw that he kept glancing behind, at my direction occasionally. And the more he glanced, the more he stepped on his accelerator. Kekeke.


I remembered something similar happened the last time when I was practising my SCS dance in the cab. Haha.


**

Was looking at my calendar and for the month of oct, there is this quote by Alexender Dumas: all human wisdom is summed up in two words – wait and hope.


Well I think if everybody just wait and hope, they can wait and hope till the end of the world, till the cows come home and nothing will happen.


Clatzz’s quote: all human wisdom is summed up in two words – dream and action. I think my quote makes more sense. Right??


Waiting for this weeked... its going to be a dynamic, a touching a most BIANG one... and then i'll be waiting eagerly for October to be over... :)

2 comments:

Monky said...

woman..u lucky..me always kena crap cab driver..na beh...like they dunno the road of singapore well..n i dun live in ulu part of s'pore lor...knn

Clatzz said...

its ur karma lah... u gotta become AC serve SCS and take cab...kekeke... :p