Tuesday, November 21, 2006

good movie, good year

Caught the movie a good year on Sunday. Initially we feared it would turn out to be a very arty farty show but thankfully, the movie turns out to be quite a nice show. I actually quite enjoy movies by Russell Crowe (a beautiful mind, the gladiator, the insider).


Anywayz, 2 phrases from the movie left a deep impact on me...


Winning is not everything. Its THE ONLY thing.

Yes I truly agree with the is the only thing. I believe that the moment you enter a game/competition, your mindset is very important. Are you there to WIN? Or are you there to TRY to win? Or you are there to TRY NOT TO LOSE? If your mentality is just to try to win or try not to lose, then you will definitely lose the game/competition. And the problem with people nowadays is that they only play not to lose, they don't play to win.


And


Failing is OK. Just DON'T make it a HABIT. Yeah, failing is ok. If you cannot embrace failure, how do you embrace success? But LEARN from your failure and make sure it never happens again. :)


**

My IT guy is so cute lah. I was sort of on an apple craze last week so I went to the super market below my office and bought a lot of apples. Thereafter every time he complains he is stressed or hungry, I will ask him: want apple?? Then yesterday I was commenting that my apples ran out liao and I have to go to the super market to get some fresh supplies. And this morning, when I came to work, I see 2 big red fuji apples on my desk. Haha. So cute hor.


**

The pics for sat bowling/dinner and KTV has been downloaded... Will post them up when I have the time and mood to do so... Keke... If u were present on sat and do not wish ur pic to appear here, let me know before I posts them up. Cause once I posted the pics, im not going to remove them. The earliest I might post the pics is tonight, the latest might be next year december. Muahaha. So let me know ah if u wan ur identity a secret. :p

No comments: