Monday, November 27, 2006

sunday...

Not feeling too well today. Headache, slight flu, eyes slightly swollen and swollen gums. Think I am too heaty (热气). :(
I will be well and feeling fabulous by tomorrow because tomorrow is QQ’s ROM!! YAY!!


Yesterday had a hell time at home. A group of people were singing KTV at my blk. And they started singing from morning all the way non stop!! After lunch, max tah buleh tahan the horrendous singing and asked me and sis if we wanted to go gia gia. But me and sis were in the nua mode so we dilly dally till... One lady started singing... And her singing sounds like 杀鸡!! Especially on the high notes and she will stretch her voice to reach into a faultisso. Wah lau, Her singing makes me wanna bang my head against the wall and shaft an apple or a durian into the singner’s mouth so that she will stop singing. Yes, its THAT BAD and it has the effect to make people GRUMP.


And that was the last straw. I ran out of my room and told sis: 我受不了了!! 我要出去!! Seriously, if I were to listen to such “beautiful” singing any longer, I will go crazy. So I went to bath and get ready to go out but by the time we finished bathing and all, they stopped singing le. So the desire to go out is dropped by 50%. But I have already changed and all!! So...i decided to use my master of persuasion skills... :)


Rule no. 1:

If I can influence anybody...

Sis was using the computer. Max was watching TV. Ask sis if she still wanna go out and she said: waiting for you lor but never budge a single inch.


Rule no. 2:

If I cannot influence that person, I will influence the person who can influence them.

So I shifted my attention to max since he was the one who said he wanna get out of the house since morning.


Rule no. 3

Ask questions, find out the needs of the person you want to influence. What is their hot button?

So I started this conversation with max:

me: u still feel like going out??
max: dunno leh. I anything one. Up to you sisters lor.
me: y u keep insisting to go out just now?
max: cos of the KTV lah. I cannot stand it. But now end le so im ok le.
me: later we go shopping then where u go?
max: I’ll go to thehk café and drink tea while u sisters go shopping
me: ok, then we can have dinner outside as well right??
max: yeah
me: hmmmm... (thinking... What food is there at TM that can entice max?? And suddenly I tot of it!!) we can go cartel and eat the viking ice cream!!
max: **eyes suddenly widens 10x and lit up**
me: (but I still need confirmation) on a scale of 1-10, how much you wanna out now? 1 being the least and 10 being the most.
max: 5
me: what about just now before the KTV ends leh?
max: 8
me: what if we go out and later go cartel eat viking ice cream aft dinner?
max: 7

BINGO. I raised his desire lvl to get out of the house.

me: then u ask my sister hurry up lah. I can leave the place anytime le. :D


**

So eventually we went cartel for dinner. And I wanna complain!! The 3 of us ordered forest of mushroom pasta, mushroom crepe and nachos. And prior to the order, we told the waitress not once but more than 3 times that we are vegetarians and we got her to confirm that all the 3 dishes we ordered are vegetarian safe, especially the nachos. And she went and came back and said yes, all are vegetarian safe.


So our food came, and we began to tuck in. I was happily eating the nachos when I saw something that looked like minced meat sticking out from the bottom of the stack of chips. We got the waitress, she went to ask the chef and she came back n told us its chicken meat. DUH??!! Which part of “we are vegetarians” did she not understand?? But the waitress was very nice, she kept apologizing and she said her manager will see to the problem and she took the plate of nachos away.


We continued eating, and I noticed one of the suff came and took our bill away and returned with a new bill. The nachos was omitted from the new bill. Minutes later, the manager came and just told us matter of factly: we have removed the nachos from your bill already. And walked off. No apologies, not even a smile on her face. Wah kauz, this is not what I expect from a manager. Where is the service?? And they just removed the item from our bill without asking if we would like to exchange it for something else or not. What kind of service is that? It is obviously their fault because prior to ordering the nachos, we did ask the waitress specifically if the nachos is vegetarian safe, if the sauce used is vegetarian safe. And max even said: just omit out any ingredients that has meat. And we got such attitude from the manager. KNN.


Luckily we ended our dinner with the viking ice cream. So that salvaged our dinner a bit but the service of the manager is simply unacceptable!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very welll...finally you learnt something about influencing power and able to apply it! Isnt it funny, even when we understand how it works, we still always fall for it.

hahaha...if only everybody understand this fully and is able to use it to this effect, wouldnt that be great! maybe increase their income 5 fold every year.

anybody wanna learn? hmm...should i start a class on this? how much do u think its worth understanding this skill? :)

Clatzz said...

wat u meant by finally i learnt something n able to apply??

to think i only use abt 20% of the persuasion skills and i succeeded!! haha...