Monday, November 13, 2006

kena complain

Sis told me that mum was complaining to her that she seldom sees me and have the chance to talk to me nowadays. Have been rather busy lately. By the time I reached home, mum usually is sleeping already and in the morning, I usually am rushing for time so no time to talk as well. She also complained to sis that nowadays seems that sis and max knows my schedule better than her. I protested to sis that im so busy lately not because I go out partying or go dating lor. 我是在做正经事.


Anyway, I think Im gonna take some time off and spend some time with my mommy dearest. I also realised that it has been quite some time since I have played with Ace and I missed playing with him, hugging him and carrying him. Though Ace is staying at my place now, but whenever I reach home, he is already asleep. And when I wake up in the morning, he usually is still asleep. So I guess mummy must be feeling the same way about me as I felt with ace ba.


Mental note: must spend some quality time with mum. Take her out for shopping or tea...

**

Remember the quote: “ASK and you will be given”??


Well, since I decided to become a vegetarian, I’ve always hoped that there will be a vegetarian food store within my office building. So that on days when its raining, or when I dun feel like walking all the way to LP, I can have something to eat within the building. And my wish came true!!!


Last Friday, I went to buy some fruits for myself and I noticed this new café (alright more like kopi shop than a cafe) located on the basement. I went in because I saw that they have a variety of pastries on display and I was helping XZ da bao curry puff. So I went into the shop, bought the curry puff, make some small talk with the aunty, and suddenly the aunty told me: we also sell vegetarian. And immediately my eyes lit up. Good!! And some of their kweys are suitable for vegetarian too!! YAY!!


Actually I dunno why the aunty will suddenly mention that they sell vegetarian food. Hmmmm, maybe because I have the vegetarian look? Keke.


Anyway went down to take a look at the café today and they have vegetarian laksa and mee siam and lor mee!! Goody!!

**


Last fri night, after my AC training (cos I was serving SPS on sat), I went to da bau (last Friday is a da bau day) chai tau kwey back for max and sis. Being the very good sister, I decided to explore other parts of the hawker centre to see if there are other CTK stores so they can try CTK from diff stores. I went to the row behind and found a CTK store. I remember my fren told me that the CTK from that store is nice. So I placed my orders with the uncle. While waiting for my CTK, I saw the aunty cooking adding which looks suspiciously like lard cubes. :s so the smart me quickly tell the uncle: uncle, my CTK dun wan lard cubes one. Then the uncle looked at me and say: cannot, add already. Then I said: but uncle I am vegetarian, cannot take lard. Then the uncle told me: but all our CTK is cooked with lard!! So I said: then very sorry, I cannot take le. Cause I cannot take lard. At this point of time, the aunty cooking said: no, we add a bit of lard only!!


Wah lau. The fact is that you use lard to cook mah. Whether you use a whole drum of lard or just one drop of lard, to me its the SAME. Seriously, I am shocked there are still people using lard to cook nowadays. Not that I have anything against it, but its super unhealthy!! Even if I were not a vegetarian, I will grimace at the thought of it. Of cos I have to admit that its my fault for not asking properly first before ordering. So in the end, I apologised, cancelled my order and went to the other CTK store. This time I make sure I ask clearly first.


Note to self: never ever presume that everybody used vegetable oil to cook and nobody uses lard or ghee to cook anymore. 大错特错!! Always ask before ordering.

No comments: