Wednesday, November 22, 2006

ready, steady, go

Ever notice how the terms we use for our other half changes as we grow older?


All the way back when we were still in sec school, when we were in our teens, where we were young, sweet and innocent, the common term use was STEAD (short form for steady).

Frens will term their boyfriends or girlfriends as STEAD (short for STEADY). Like...

“MY STEAD SAYS THIS, MY STEAD SAYS THAT”

Or

“DO YOU WANT TO BE MY STEAD??”

or

“要走STEADY吗?”

or the classic will be

“AI GIA STEADY MAI?? WO AI GIA GU GU EH, STEADY EH”

*

After some years, when we get past the teens stage, as evolve from an ah lian into a swanky young adult, we stopped terming our partners STEADY or STEAD. I guess that sounded too childish. We called our partners my boyfriend/girlfriend or my boy/my girl for short.

*

And after some years, when we enter the quarter of the century, we termed our partners our SO (Significant Other). I guess it because at this age, we are more or less looking for someone whom we can settle down with, and hence so we termed our partner as the SIGNIFICANT OTHER.


In my definition, in your life, you can have a lot of steads, a lot of BFs/GFs but only 1 SO. Cos you SO will be the one who will spend the rest of your lives together.


Till now, I still cringe when I listen to radio and some juvenile call in and want to dedicate the next song to my stead. Ewwwwww...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so what does it take to be your SO? :)

Clatzz said...

anon, y u wanna know?? i tell u already will u do what it takes?? keke...

too many pple ask me this ques and after i told them, they all NATO...

so im not going to waste my breath le answering this question le... ;)

Anonymous said...

ehh...who knows...i might be the person you are looking for! handsome, smart, romantic, rich.

which women doesnt want these right? :)

Clatzz said...

haha... handsome, smart, romantic, rich... these are too superficial...

if u really really wanna know, answer these 3 queations first...

what is your lifetime goal?
what are your dreams?
what is the most important thing in your life?

email me your ans then we shall see how u fare ba... haha...

Anonymous said...

haha..gd ah clatzz
so SO means significant other..now i know...i m such a kuku :p